Explore Health Topics
Expert Health Advisors
We search scientific and clinical publications to find information you can use when making health and lifestyle decisions. “Protecting Your Health” delivers educational interviews with cutting edge professionals and researchers and answers to some frequently asked questions weekly.
You can also find out who we are – and who we’ve helped.
Find out more about women’s and men’s health and fitness.
- What can changes in daily activities – exercise, diet – do to improve and prolong your life?
- What should your health care professionals be recommending to keep you healthy?
- How can you pose a question to your doctor – and get a real answer?
- How do politics and big business affect how we live every day – and how our health may be affected, both for better or worse?
Children & Teen Health
Young people eat, think, and act on a whole different set of rules than adults – and so respond differently to words, actions, and situations. We research to find ways for you to help the children and teens in your world.
- Why do they respond differently?
- What influences resonate with children and teens?
- During this period of physical and emotional growth, what can you do to protect them?
Just because the calendar shows we’re aging doesn’t mean we need to act or feel older – yet! We search for options – based on scientific and medical studies – to help you maintain or improve your level of physical and mental fitness.
- What is the latest news on Alzheimer’s disease? Cognitive dementia?
- Heart diseases?
- How is your health effected with regular exercise
All dentists are NOT created equal and the treatment they perform can seriously damage your physical and mental health – regardless of your age. The dental profession is NOT regulated to protect patients from all kinds of toxic and harmful substances used every day – some not changed for over 100 years! The continued use of archaic and poisonous chemicals and materials, like mercury fillings, metal crowns and fluoride for children, attack healthy cells and organs in your body. Learn what you can do to protect you and your family from these exposures. And how to choose a responsible dentist for your care!
The PetSide segments on Protecting Your Health offer valuable tips for keeping your pet safe and healthy – your pet may be helping you to stay healthy!
- How important is diet and nutrition?
- If you can eat or drink it, your pet can also – right? Or wrong?
- What benefits might you see in your pet from regular exercise? Might you also get healthier?
- Community and environmental dangers are everywhere. We try to alert you to their pitfalls.